FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of subjects other than carnivorous plants, such as orchids, landscapes, etc.

Moderator: Matt

By bananaman
Hello!
I've recently gotten into stereo photograpy, which as the name of this post implies, is a form of 3D photography.
I've seen lots of them, but never taken them before.
These images are my first attempts at it.

They are designed to be viewed with the "cross-eyed free-viewing" technique.
To do this, you cross your eyes until you see 3 pictures.
Then, you stare at the middle one, and it should suddenly "pop out" into 3D.
If this does not happen, try tilting your head slightly, or re-focusing on the image.
I put black borders in a way so that the residual images on each side will only have one border, while the one you are supposed to see has two borders around it.

I'll put these in order of easiest to visualize in 3D to hardest to visualize.

Here it goes:

This is a small statuette of a toucan from Costa Rica. It should be quite easy to visualize.

This is a little calendar, also from Costa Rica. It is slightly more difficult to visualize, but still very easy.

This is a group of bananas from the store. This was my very first attempt at stereo photography. The background on this one doesn't work well, but the subject is easy to visualize.

Cephalotus follicularis:
This one should be pretty easy to visualize, but noticeably harder than the above images.

Drosera peltata:
You may need to tilt your head slightly for this one to line up well.

Drosera capensis:
This one is quite difficult, as my alignment wasn't good, and the leaf hadn't finished unfurling. I strongly suggest ligning youself up with the bottom part of the image, then it will be much easier to visualize.

And the hardest image to visualize:
CANDYCANES!!!
This one is hard because candycanes look the same....

If you have stereo images, please post them.
If you need further help viewing them, please go to: http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/3d/view3d.htm, then look at "Cross-eyed Viewing".

Enjoy! :D
By Dragoness
Those are Pretty cool. I was able to get the toucan at the very top, and simply scroll down. Didn't lose it until I got to the Drosera peltata. Tried a few times, but that seems to be where I lose it each time.
Dragoness liked this
By xr280xr
Cool! The capensis was actually pretty cool looking! It would probably be pretty cool looking as a macro too. I've only tried that once with a photo of my living room. Did you move up north in the cedar park area bananaman (I'm remembering you saying you were south). I saw an immaculate banana greenhouse in someone's yard up there last week and wondered...
xr280xr liked this

IMG_5245.jpeg

So much work!!! I love it!

I should have it all ready to list in June, but we[…]

Tissue Culture Project 2023

I know it has been just over a year. If you are st[…]

andynorth's Grow/want list

Did anyone else take advantage of Matt's sale last[…]

CalCarn Hitchhiker

I was thinking Intermedia. They have a tendency to[…]

Hey everyone! I'm back on my hunt to look for a d[…]

I sent it in the mail yesterday

It isn't fully sealed, so it shouldn't be digestin[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!