FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Benny
Interesting. Mine do it February-March, but usually in March.

Not sure if my capes will even come back. Just discovered they don't like 20 degree weather :lol: . We have had 50 degree nights and suddenly... boom. I guess I should check the weather forecast more often.
By Carnies
My VFTs just went out of Dormancy too! So weird. It's probably cuz my greenhouse is 60 degrees inside while it's 40 degrees OUTside.
VFTNoob liked this
By VFTNoob
Cheers to a long growing season! I think the did it for mine. The sun us at an angle where they are getting way more light now
By MikeB
Carnies wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:07 pmMy VFTs just went out of Dormancy too! So weird. It's probably cuz my greenhouse is 60 degrees inside while it's 40 degrees OUTside.
This is why I leave my plants outdoors, exposed to the weather. 40 F (5 C) is just fine for flytrap dormancy. My plants actually got some snow 3 days ago (it melted away in 6 hours). The only time I put up my temporary greenhouse (with the thermostat set on 40 F) is on nights like tonight, when the temperature is expected to drop to 20 F (-6 C) just before dawn.
VFTNoob liked this
By VFTNoob
Are they getting a lot of light? The photoperiod has increased significantly for my plants now that the sun is higher in the sky
By elaineo
VFTNoob wrote:Are they getting a lot of light? The photoperiod has increased significantly for my plants now that the sun is higher in the sky

Yup, in full sun. We had a light freeze a week ago so that might have slowed them down. Some of them are showing new green traps now.
VFTNoob liked this

Sure, the more the merrier! Just remember to add t[…]

Ah! If possible, then, could I add the mixed dros[…]

Oddly shaped Sarr

Hey all, a couple of pitchers came up with corkscr[…]

May 2024 Photo Contest - In the Bog

Here’s my big! Established in late 2021 Fi[…]

Does this Rooting hormone work for Byblis?

I’ve grown Byblis for a while but never trie[…]

That looks something like mineral burn. What subst[…]

Nepenthes cold shock?

I'm just dipping my toes into the world of nepenth[…]

New to carnivorous plants!

I have two little pots (the ones they came from L[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!