FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By Steve_D
yinepu wrote: I know he looks a little dry...
Cephalotus don't mind being a little on the dry side (moist, not wet). In fact, they are somewhat sensitive to overwatering, with very fleshy roots that can rot if kept too wet too much of the time. So don't worry too much if it looks a little dry on occasion. Cephalotus plants have a good indicator of when the growing medium becomes drier than they like: they usually close the lids of their pitchers to conserve moisture when it's too dry. :)
Steve_D liked this
By yinepu
Steve_D wrote:
yinepu wrote: I know he looks a little dry...
Cephalotus don't mind being a little on the dry side (moist, not wet). In fact, they are somewhat sensitive to overwatering, with very fleshy roots that can rot if kept too wet too much of the time. So don't worry too much if it looks a little dry on occasion. Cephalotus plants have a good indicator of when the growing medium becomes drier than they like: they usually close the lids of their pitchers to conserve moisture when it's too dry. :)
Oh I didn't soak him.. just a little water to help settle the soil back down after the jostling I'm sure he took in transit. My mail carrier isn't the most careful when handling packages!
By the way, they did an excellent job in packaging him for the trip... (I should have taken pics when I opened the box). I have gotten houseplants off of ebay that were a complete disaster when they got here.

And thanks for the tips to tell when they need watering.. I never knew that about Cephs!
By Steve_D
yinepu wrote:Y'all grow some nice plants!
I didn't even have to look at your location to assume you're in Texas. :) I'm from the Piney Woods area of east Texas. I'm curious though, what do y'all (you, your family and friends) call a soft drink, a carbonated beverage? Pop? Soda? Soda pop? Coke (regardless of brand or type)? :)
By yinepu
Steve_D wrote:
yinepu wrote:Y'all grow some nice plants!
I didn't even have to look at your location to assume you're in Texas. :) I'm from the Piney Woods area of east Texas. I'm curious though, what do y'all (you, your family and friends) call a soft drink, a carbonated beverage? Pop? Soda? Soda pop? Coke (regardless of brand or type)? :)
We call it "Soda"... lol.. probably from spending a few years up north
And for the record.. Dr. Pepper is the (unofficial) state drink! Though Mt Dew is pretty popular with the military guys.
By dantt99
HI! My plant is here! I'll get pics up in the Pictures of Other Carnivorous plants ASAP! I've gotten requests from people that want to see how they're packed, so I'm waiting for my mom to get home in like 5 minutes so she can take pics! brb :lol:
By jht-union
sorry guys, i haven't put pics yet of my cephalotus, i just got home and haven't eat anything in 13 hours, and yet, i care more about the site, and i want to put the pics before eating my lunch!, Matt, the cephalotus is really really great, i don't have more words to say, everything was super well packed, and the plant was really save in there, it looks really nice, i love it!!!!!!!! pisc in minutes!!!
By Matt
Looking forward to seeing photos of everyone's plants once they get them up. I'm also curious to see how the plants held up during shipping. It sounds like they did pretty well and judging from yinepu's photo, they look pretty good (assuming they all did equally as well).
By jht-union
Matt wrote:Looking forward to seeing photos of everyone's plants once they get them up. I'm also curious to see how the plants held up during shipping. It sounds like they did pretty well and judging from yinepu's photo, they look pretty good (assuming they all did equally as well).
Thank you matt, i have posted pics of the cephalotus, about to look at yinepu's photos of his cephalotus!!!
By Matt
CPgrower wrote:Thanks for the great plant, Matt! I got it in today as well. It was packaged great. Hardly any shifting in media or plant! :D Pictures will be up soon for everyone!!
Thanks for the confirmation of a successful shipment CPgrower! Looking forward to the pics :)
N. Albomarginata red SG

He gets direct morning sun until noon/1pmish then […]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

still growing, inside pitcher still looks OK hopin[…]

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!