FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Dematerialize
Hello! Today I got one of my two newest plants(next one will arrive tomorrow or Thursday, I'll update it here http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/new-s ... 27048.html).

This one's beyond beautiful! :shock:

Size compared to my other Sarracenia:

Size comparison with the Sarrs I've had since last year(those top at 10.5" tall), these are already at 18"!
By Dematerialize
nimbulan wrote:I wish mine grew like that. Instead of I have 30 4- to 5-inch pitchers.
How old is your plant? This one seems to be pretty old, it also has at least 2 growing points. Most of my seedlings are around that height as well, and the other ones I've had since last September are 10.5"
By cdelavan
Great looking plant! I actually have a Dana's Delight on order and it should arrive today or tomorrow. Can't wait now that I've seen your pics!
By nimbulan
Dematerialize wrote:
nimbulan wrote:I wish mine grew like that. Instead of I have 30 4- to 5-inch pitchers.
How old is your plant? This one seems to be pretty old, it also has at least 2 growing points. Most of my seedlings are around that height as well, and the other ones I've had since last September are 10.5"
I'm not sure, I got it about a year and a half ago. It has at least 3 growth points and is about 2 inches wide but it's so densely packed I can't even see the rhizome. I've been told that sort of growth is normal for this variety so seeing yours is quite surprising.

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!