FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Dionae
Might not even have to hunt them. Some places I don't think you can go without a guide. I think all of them are in state parks but i'm not 100% sure. I'm hoping there will be someone there that can point me in the right direction.

I knew KY used to have quite a few boggy/swampy areas but wasn't sure if they were all gone or not.
By Aging_Bourbon
Very nice man! :D I've actually seen some wild CPs here in the Navajo Nation (New Mexico/Arizona) as well. I know that some Aquatic Bladderworts are native. But once when I was on a fishing trip with some of my cousins I've came across some Drosera that look like Intermedia alongside Wheatfields lake up in the mountains. An other near a stream near our cabin it was like "whoa... dude" lol
Aging_Bourbon liked this
By sundewman
thanks for showing that link, dionae! I've actually been trying to find a site like this since I took a trip to Wisconsin 3 years ago. The only site I could find at the time was this: http://wisplants.uwsp.edu/search.html but it's dedicated to the state of wisconsin only... so that is very helpful.

Seeing sundews or any carnivorous plant in nature is well worth the drive- even over 8 hours one direction in my opinion!
sundewman liked this
By Dionae
If any of you like looking at amazing wildlife and just beautiful outdoor places I recommend Cumberland Falls. One of only 2 places in the world you can see a moonbow(rainbow at night)...the other is in Africa. Waterfalls, bears and just all around beautiful scenery.

The family and I have been a couple times and everyone loves it...so beautiful.

Word of caution...be careful at night there. The walkways aren't lit so well and there are bear and mountain lions there(found paw prints bigger than my hand on a river bank...will post pics if I can find them). Don't wander off alone.
New to carnivorous plants!

I wonder if the fibers death cube traps come in[…]

Help with care for my VFT

You're checking all the boxes, except for the ligh[…]

Goodness, that's quite a difference! I'm pretty […]

Pest control question

Hey all. My Sarrs got hit with thrips this Spring […]

I'd like to give her some of these when they're […]

baby sundew found in mu bog pot

I just found these in my bog pot I didn't let any […]

doing research before buying a ping

I'm thinking of buying a p. gigantea but I don't k[…]

Help! My VFT is dying

So is morning sun better than afternoon sun? I hav[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!