FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By ps3isawesome
Matt wrote:Do you see mites or mite damage? There are many types of small insects that can make webs like that. I've actually never seen spider mites do it and we've had a lot of mite outbreaks over the years.
I haven't seen any mites on the plant. I've isolated this plant in its own space for now. I only speculate spider mites because someone from another forum said so.

However, with what you just told me I am reconsidering who's really making the web.

Thanks Matt!

ALSO UPDATE JUST SAW A jumping spider... could it be it's nest?
By bvalente
Generally speaking from experience, I've never seen a jumping spider make a web/nest, a lot of them roam around. To me it looks like a funnel web or some other type of spider but it's hard to tell from the pictures. I'm 95% sure that's not anything for mites or something that would harm your plant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bvalente liked this
By tish
I've only seen jumping spider (salticidae) weave a thick coat of web for eggs. Other than that. They are all jumpy and hang on a silk of web like spider man.

Perhaps its good to leave it alone for a while, whilw you monitor ?
tish liked this
By Arizona Flytrap
I'm late to this I know. But I myself had some spider mites on my flytraps this summer. Then when I saw what you have on my Sarracenia I was "slightly" concerned. Turns out it is just a tiny little spider. I finally saw it one night. Just food for thought on mite control, I bought some predatory mites from a hydroponic store and let them loose on my infected plants. They worked great! TIPTOPBIO.COM is a place that also sells predatory bugs. Next season I plan to use as many of those as able. Better then spraying poison all over.

Jason
Arizona Flytrap liked this
VFT nice catch

Those crane flies are a pain. Contrary to popular […]

Nepenthes cold shock?

I have left ventrata cuttings outside till the nig[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1672. I'll PM[…]

Hello again from Florida

Welcome

Weird Pitchers, advice?

the black absorbs the full spectrum of light makin[…]

primaflora likes to be almost wet. I keep it in sh[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1671. I'll PM[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1670. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!