FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By DesertLlama
I'm looking for an easy-to-grow and compact Heliamphora species or hybrid, i.e. heat-tolerant (isn't picky about nighttime temp drops; mine constantly stay in the mid-high 70s during summer) and adapts well to low RH. My budget is about $40 but I can be flexible.

I do also wonder if it would be better to wait until the weather gets cooler to get one? I can imagine being shipped in a dark hot box being pretty stressful for a Heli.
Last edited by DesertLlama on Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By crazy_carnivores
I have an extra division of heliamphora minor burgundy black. its a good size division but it is a very expensive plant. 140$ on redleaf exotics that is the only division I have!
By DesertLlama
Whew I looked it up and that is a beautiful plant but definitely out of my budget. I'd hate for a plant like that to be my first Heli only for me to kill it :lol: . Thanks for the offer though.
crazy_carnivores liked this
By orchidioides
I might have some het x nutans divisions later today!
By dilnepenthes
Hi, I have juvenile 2 heliamphora minors in the same pot Im willing to sell for $60 if thats not too over budget.
By hungry carnivores
Heliamphoras are kinda addictive :lol: . If you give them high humidity and temps <=80, they're fine. I don't give mine that much light either. Only 3 CFL's and a LED strip, for half the recommended amount of light. No signs of etiolation.
By DesertLlama
orchidioides wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:51 pm I might have some het x nutans divisions later today!
dilnepenthes wrote:Hi, I have juvenile 2 heliamphora minors in the same pot Im willing to sell for $60 if thats not too over budget.
Thank you for your responses guys. I recently received another offer that I accepted.
By DesertLlama
hungry carnivores wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:18 pm Heliamphoras are kinda addictive :lol: . If you give them high humidity and temps <=80, they're fine. I don't give mine that much light either. Only 3 CFL's and a LED strip, for half the recommended amount of light. No signs of etiolation.
The elegant look is certainly part of their allure. I'd grow more if I had the space. I'm going to receive a H. minor which is one of the more tolerant species in terms of temperature and humidity, right? My indoor RH is usually around 20% give or take some increases during the muggier times of the year like our monsoon season now.

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it?

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

He gets direct morning sun until noon/1pmish then […]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!