FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By DesertLlama
I'm looking for an easy-to-grow and compact Heliamphora species or hybrid, i.e. heat-tolerant (isn't picky about nighttime temp drops; mine constantly stay in the mid-high 70s during summer) and adapts well to low RH. My budget is about $40 but I can be flexible.

I do also wonder if it would be better to wait until the weather gets cooler to get one? I can imagine being shipped in a dark hot box being pretty stressful for a Heli.
Last edited by DesertLlama on Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By crazy_carnivores
I have an extra division of heliamphora minor burgundy black. its a good size division but it is a very expensive plant. 140$ on redleaf exotics that is the only division I have!
By DesertLlama
Whew I looked it up and that is a beautiful plant but definitely out of my budget. I'd hate for a plant like that to be my first Heli only for me to kill it :lol: . Thanks for the offer though.
crazy_carnivores liked this
By orchidioides
I might have some het x nutans divisions later today!
By dilnepenthes
Hi, I have juvenile 2 heliamphora minors in the same pot Im willing to sell for $60 if thats not too over budget.
By hungry carnivores
Heliamphoras are kinda addictive :lol: . If you give them high humidity and temps <=80, they're fine. I don't give mine that much light either. Only 3 CFL's and a LED strip, for half the recommended amount of light. No signs of etiolation.
By DesertLlama
orchidioides wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:51 pm I might have some het x nutans divisions later today!
dilnepenthes wrote:Hi, I have juvenile 2 heliamphora minors in the same pot Im willing to sell for $60 if thats not too over budget.
Thank you for your responses guys. I recently received another offer that I accepted.
By DesertLlama
hungry carnivores wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:18 pm Heliamphoras are kinda addictive :lol: . If you give them high humidity and temps <=80, they're fine. I don't give mine that much light either. Only 3 CFL's and a LED strip, for half the recommended amount of light. No signs of etiolation.
The elegant look is certainly part of their allure. I'd grow more if I had the space. I'm going to receive a H. minor which is one of the more tolerant species in terms of temperature and humidity, right? My indoor RH is usually around 20% give or take some increases during the muggier times of the year like our monsoon season now.
Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! […]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!