FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Mark L
I’ve got a quick question, I left my drosera spatulata for a weekend and I came home to it turning red and lacking dew. Now this caught me off guard since all summer and into fall it remained dewy and green. I did somewhat recently bring it inside for the season, but it’s been several weeks under its current conditions and seemed to be fine. I did learn that my grow light didn’t get turned on for a day and a half while I was away. No biggy in terms of plant health right? 36 hours with only ambient light shouldn’t be a huge deal. maybe a little set back and could explain the lack of dew, but turning red?? Maybe the change in photo period made it think the seasons changed? It didn’t turn red outside as the photo period changed and I let it stay out for quite a bit into fall. Anybody experience this?
Attachments:
EFDCC261-0AAC-445A-9DA1-E593942EFAA4.jpeg
EFDCC261-0AAC-445A-9DA1-E593942EFAA4.jpeg (3.33 MiB) Viewed 1067 times
By oval
A couple of my D. nidiformis are red, but they are outside with lots of light, and they still have dew. They are in the same conditions as their more greenish siblings.

I wouldn't think lack of light for a short period of time would hurt much, if at all. Maybe a change in temperature and/or humidity resulted from the lights being off?

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!