FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Nepenthes0260
Apollyon wrote:I actually saw those most interesting package yet, I'll need to get a picture of it. The supplier ordered plastic cases that seal (think like a package for a USB at the store or something like that) which was molded to hold his pots in place as well as having a dome shape for the foliage and plant itself. I always wondered why there was nothing like that before but I have a feeling these were custom ordered. It was for a pretty big CP nursery these days.
From Carnivero? I got some plants from them recently too that came with that. I think it's really cool and works super well!
Apollyon liked this
By twitcher
I once received a cp that had been shipped potted, but the media, sand based, had not been secured in the pot. The plant arrived shredded, with most of the leaves missing from the plant root/stem and most of the leaves too damaged to survive on their own. Apparently the loose sand did the damage during jostling. Potted plants need to be secured to the media or cushioned in some way and the media needs to be restrained so that it remains in the pot. I was fortunate it was a ping, so I was able to save the plant via one of the surviving leaves. An unpleasant experience but the plant did survive.
Supercazzola liked this
By Apollyon
@Nepenthes0260, Yeah lol. I'm more impressed that he found a way to get those manufactured, that's more efficient than any kind of cup and tape lol. With that kind of packaging, a plant isn't going anywhere though it's limited in how large the plant can be. Still though for what they usually turn out, it's awesome. Got an Aroid and I wasn't expecting it but the plant looked great.
howdy!

I have lots of experience with agar so I want[…]

Nepenthes Repotting

Nepenthes are pretty much epiphytes and don't get […]

LazyDaisy's Grow List

Dionaea muscipula Typical (Rocket Farms) Ty[…]

Ahhh, it's just Yogi looking for BooBoo.

McCWells Grow List

Update : Sarracenia Hybrid #3 - American Pitcher […]

Evolving plants!

Plants evolving into CPs... My water lettuce kille[…]

Water Quality

I use these test strips https://www.amazon.com[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!