FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Sean_dorney18
This is the same thing that happened to me the only thing that helped was higher humidity but the sarracenia's that did it where brought from a garden store and I think they need to harden off because I think the supplier that got them grows the plants in a heated greenhouse year round making them look good at first but once the heat is going taken away they go weak and deformed , so I eventually gave up on them and got some from private growers and they are doing fine . So because of this I think it may have something to do with a change of growing conditions like if you have been growing them in a terreium or in a place where they don't get a winter dormancy?
By deleted user
Sean_dorney18 wrote:This is the same thing that happened to me the only thing that helped was higher humidity but the sarracenia's that did it where brought from a garden store and I think they need to harden off because I think the supplier that got them grows the plants in a heated greenhouse year round making them look good at first but once the heat is going taken away they go weak and deformed , so I eventually gave up on them and got some from private growers and they are doing fine . So because of this I think it may have something to do with a change of growing conditions like if you have been growing them in a terreium or in a place where they don't get a winter dormancy?
They were grown in an unheated greenhouse before and probably went through dormancy as I live in the UK. I keep the humidity above 70% unless it's a really hot day and the door in the greenhouse needs to be opened.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!