FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Joeynator3000
The LED I'm using is mostly white, with some reds and blues...my sundew is doing quite well. The dew isn't as big or noticeable, maybe it'll get a little bigger later on. I did feed it a bug today, I think I accidentally killed it when trying to give it to my flytrap, but I think my sundew it still taking it. The leaf didn't curl (I'm guessing it only does this when the bug is still alive) but I noticed the surrounding hairs moved in towards the bug. Hopefully the food will allow it to make bigger dew...

But yeah my grow light is working quite well, I have a 2ft 45W grow panel from AeroGarden. I have a timer to have it turn on for 12 hours.
By nimbulan
Any type of light will work fine, brightness is the main thing you should be concerned with. You do need to give the plant time to adjust though. The older leaves may never produce dew again, but new leaves that are developed will be dewy if the plant is receiving enough light.
By Joeynator3000
Yeah the only things I could find out about my light is that it's 45W, and the seller commented that it was 4,500 lumens. *shrugs*
Looks bright to me, and my sundew is doing fine and growing new leaves and dew. So....it's working? xD
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!