FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By EGROEG
It’s fair for me to assume that this psittacina is dead right? For some reason, I’m cursed with growing psittacina: I can grow every other sarracenia, but have made every psittacina I’ve owned die every summer. I wonder why psittacina keeps dying for me
Attachments:
8124DDC4-FF55-4653-AC72-358B28B881B3.png
8124DDC4-FF55-4653-AC72-358B28B881B3.png (3.96 MiB) Viewed 2173 times
By steve booth
I'm afraid that is an ex psittacina.
If you grow other Sarracenia you shouldn't really have a problem, it would help if we knew how and where in the world you are growing them. If you keep them wetter than your other Sarracenia you should be OK, it sounds like too dry may be the problem, or if the sun is very strong where you are they could get cooked
Cheers
Steve
By EGROEG
I grow my plants in Australia full sun and in a tray of water - the psittacina grows alongside my purpurea Venosa and S.maroon in the same saucer
By steve booth
If you can have a deeper water tray for a psitt than your other Sarracenia that may work as they are reported as growing well while fully submerged, (this may work in the wild where the water is moving albeit slowly, and carrying oxygen, any oxygen would soon be exhausted in a pot/tray leading to eventual death).
Another possible cause could be your sun intensity. As they are low growing, in the wild they normally have other scrubby growth around them that does give them a modicom of shade.
Not totally sure but set them deeper in the water try a little shade and good luck!
Cheers
Steve
Panman, MikeB liked this

Since they have shallow roots, I just use a plasti[…]

What is this thing?

Looks like Fungus Gnat Larva, I was hit by them a […]

sase sent again thank you Sent from my SM-S918U u[…]

What variety is that?

Boy this is hard work

What's the going rate for plants in your area?

My biggest Sarracenia

I checked up on my plants today and noticed this t[…]

I'm kinda late to the party, but if you have a Tra[…]

Hi from FNQ.

Welcome Andrew what's been your favorite CP to gro[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!