FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about your orchids and share photos of them here

Moderator: Matt

By mando
Hi there!!

I want to share with all of you an expedition made in my country by me and a friend of mine we where looking for orchids and its growing habbits.

The place is named "El Pedregal" wich is a camp of volcanic rocks made by a volcano hundreds of years ago.

Enjoy it... Cheers!!!

The place is surrounded by Sugar cane plantations and White Corn plantations:

Image Image

Over here we decided to break in, this is just 1 after the rain season began wich last 6 months, (my friend told me that is almost imposible to get in about the 3rd months of rain :shock: ):
Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Some unknown plants:

Begonia sp.
Image Image

Tillandsia sp.
Image Image

Bromelia sp.
Cactus sp. (galan de noche le dicen aca, a este y muchas otras especies por el aroma de la flor y que dura solo una noche)

Testudinaria Sp. (a really huge vine all over the place whenever you find one of this "turtle shel" :D )
Image Image

Now the Orchids!

Spiranthes sp.
Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

A Spiranthes over a pure rock :o :o

Oncidium cebolleta at full sun, wach out the coloration, in the dry season they have no shade from trees and get a very nice red wine coloration, in shaded position is just green
Image Image
Oncidium cebolleta at full tree shade

Govenia sp.
Image Image

Laelia rubescens epiphyte habbit
Image Image
Laelia rubescens lithophytic habbit (and th corpse of one L. rubescens at full sun over the rock)
Image Image
Laelia rubescens babies

Cyrtopodium puctatum
Image Image

Image Image

Habenarias sp.
Image Image

Image Image

Hexadesmia micrantha
Image Image

Encyclia sp.
Image Image

Malaxis sp. & Habenaria sp.

Prostechea Sp.

Prostechea Sp. & Epidendrum ciliare

Sobralia decora

Baby orchids, maybe Laelia rubescens
Image Image

Over there a tree branch at almost 6 meters above full of orchids (we guess that :lol: ) but cant identify any of them :meparto:

and last my self and next to me at my rigth leaf a human being :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheers!!

mando.
mando liked this
By mando
Thanks!

I still have a trip planned at the end of the year to look in live and at full of colors the Pinguicula mesophytica and also I´ll post the pics over here!
By Oblivion
mando, thank you very much for sharing the pics of your trip.

and so many pics too.

theres some strange and wonderful plants in there, i hope the human didnt rip you out the ground and take you home ;)
By ReefPlant
That was awesome! Thank You! I love the velvety, i think jewel orchid, you captured let alone the rest of the acute spotting! Well Done! Thanks again!
Happy travels!
By moof
Really nice photos, thanks for sharing. Looks like a beautiful place to visit
By mando
Oblivion wrote:mando, thank you very much for sharing the pics of your trip.

and so many pics too.

theres some strange and wonderful plants in there, i hope the human didnt rip you out the ground and take you home ;)
8-) Thanks!! that was super cool, even we get lost in there, and give about 3 rounds in circles around the same place :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And there are more plants, and not, they let me in my place hopping not being ripped by other humans :lol: :lol: :lol:

I`m glad you liked it :D
ReefPlant wrote:That was awesome! Thank You! I love the velvety, i think jewel orchid, you captured let alone the rest of the acute spotting! Well Done! Thanks again!
Happy travels!
What velvety? in my land does not exist the jewels orchids (all of them are of course ;) ) if you tell wich one I`ll tell you the species ;) glad you like it too ;)
moof wrote:Really nice photos, thanks for sharing. Looks like a beautiful place to visit
Thanks! It is and it self have another locations to see another species, but for the rock land is very hard to walk in there :?
By Wire Man
You have some very interesting plants down there. I can only imagine what the rainy season looks like.

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!