FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By eou812
Hi does anybody know why my drosera capensis typical is not flowering it is in one part peat moss and one part perlite it gets 3-1/2-4 hours of direct sunlight in an east window and indirect sunlight for the rest of the day and i keep it in sitting water distelled water if you need any more information let me know and please tell me why it is not flowering and it is also 1-1/2-2 years old thanks.
By sundewman
If it's on an east-facing windowsill, that means it is definitely not getting as much light as it needs. This will make it harder for the plant to get the energy it needs to flower.
If you want to "force" a sundew to flower, you have to give it
1. plenty of light (http://www.growsundews.com/sundews/sund ... osera.html) and CFLs will work (Veronis uses a 125W 6500K CFL) but he has recently switched to T-12s because they are more efficient when you have a larger collection.

And you need to feed it at least once every 2 weeks with plenty of food. However, feeding a sundew in low light conditions is usually not going a great idea, because it will turn the plant and tentacles completely green and usually reduces the amount of dew it can produce.
I think you already know how to feed them, but here's a link, jic.
http://www.growsundews.com/feeding_sundews.html
sundewman liked this
By eou812
Thanks thaanks that realy helped but i would be glad if anyone alse would post anything else.

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!