FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Xterms
Hello!

I've just purchased this Nep in a gardening centre after 5 hrs of commuting. :D He cost 4,7 $, because he wasn't treated properly and looked unhealthy. He has 3 large, healthy-looking traps and a lot of new stalks. I've washed his leaves, soaked his soil and filled his pitchers a bit. How should I care for him (high-low)? Should I repot him (I'm not sure if the media is peat moss)? Should I repot the new, little plants? Is sprinkling his leaves enough to create the appropriate humidity? Can I sprinkle the leaves with deionised water? And anyway, any other advice is appreciated. ;)

Cheers!
By snapperhead51
looks a pretty healthy plant to me !! good looken pitchers,and a lot of good healthy Basel shoot appearing,dont repot it yet , let it settle in to its new conditions first ,give it good clean rain water ,keep the potting mix just wet not soaked ,if it dry s out it will stress easily then after several months use a bit less water if needed , try to get in a place where you can have good humidity at least 60% and no strong winds, just a nice gentle breeze is good, and good light see if you can copy the light conditions from where you bought it from !!let the Basel shoots grow ,and when they producing good size pitchers 3,4 5 6, in ones you can take cuttings from the main stem with out damaging the plant and still have a great plant to look and care for
hope that helps J
By dimitar
This plant is very healthy and growing quite quickly. For about two years to me it turned into a bush. Unfortunately, I forgot it a long period of low temperatures and it died. It feels good in high humidity and is not demanding. Easily grown. Good luck with your a new acquisition. The plant looks very good.
By Xterms
Thank you guys, I'm happy you see him healthy and strong. I'm taking care of him now as he was a baby :lol:, and will keep the topic updated. ;)
Thank you very much again! :)
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!