FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Hayden
Well who do you want/predict will win?

This is a big one for our forum as most are American with some British and some other nationalities!

Good luck to both countries!
By moof
Haha lol in Europe that's a big event everyone follows the world cup! Anyway I'll be cheering for USA!
By Steve_D
I think that it's great that the U.S. has finally joined the the rest of the world it its interest in and support of soccer. I used to watch informal (but taken seriously) soccer matches where I grew up in Peru. I'm not much of a sports fan, but soccer seems to me to have and require a more well rounded athleticism than American football, not to mention more grace and action.

I find American football as dull as golf or bowling. :) OK, now anyone who wants to can tackle me. :-)
By Hayden
Here people have flags out of their car windows and even stuck to houses! Youd be surprised!

Im not a fan of football/soccer myself, but the country spirit is what makes it enjoyable :)
By Matt
Steve_D wrote:I find American football as dull as golf or bowling. :) OK, now anyone who wants to can tackle me. :-)
That'd be me! I love American football. I think it's my favorite professional sport. Though I agree with you that soccer athletes are more well rounded, there are some amazingly skilled people in the NFL.
fish30 wrote:Im not a fan of football/soccer myself, but the country spirit is what makes it enjoyable :)
That I can totally agree with. I wish that the spirit was more pervasive here in the US. It's really fun to be in a crowd of people all cheering for a common team, especially when that team represents you in some way.
By moof
Hey in Poland everyone is upset over our players as they didn't made it to the finals, they should play golf or something else, not football... they recently lost with Spain 0:6 lol so I cheer up USA at the moment:)
By tc3driver
I have to agree with allenc here, if the game can end in a tie, it is not a sport.
By moof
haha anyway I'm glad you made the whole UK upset as hell:D
By OR1ON
Basketball can end in a tie. So can baseball. I think just about every sport CAN end in a tie. There are just precedures to prevent them (soccer has them too(Overtime & penalty kicks)). That usually only happens in the finals though.

You should see So-Cal. Most of the people here are latino and soccer is BIG to them. People have their coutries flags all over the place.
By tc3driver
OR1ON wrote:Basketball can end in a tie. So can baseball. I think just about every sport CAN end in a tie. There are just precedures to prevent them (soccer has them too(Overtime & penalty kicks)). That usually only happens in the finals though.

You should see So-Cal. Most of the people here are latino and soccer is BIG to them. People have their coutries flags all over the place.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_a_basebal ... d_in_a_tie

Baseball cannot end in a tie, I hate basket ball so dont know the rules, and football (american) can end in a tie... but the chances of that happening is so exceedingly rare given that they play sudden death for two extra quarters.

yay earthquake!!! gotta love living in socal :)
By Matt
tc3driver wrote:Baseball cannot end in a tie, I hate basket ball so dont know the rules
Basketball cannot end in a tie either.

How can you hate basketball? That's probably the best sport ever created! I love watching other sports more, but basketball is by far the best sport to play.

in the mailbox. https://i.imgur.com/AkF0VlP.jpeg[…]

Is there a reason you overlooked flytrapstore.[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has fo[…]

Sundew in forest

Catfish won't eat mosquito larvae as the larvae a[…]

VFT nice catch

Ah, that's a crane fly! Also called mosquito hawks[…]

Im not sure if May is open yet, if it is this is m[…]

Would I be allowed to request seeds for both April[…]

I have an indoor grow light setup I'd like to try […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!