FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By dionaea muscipula
Borgholio wrote:
dionaea muscipula wrote:someone posted a topic on making a trap here is the link http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 9&start=10
Huh...ok that's neat. Would fruit files be big enough for a flytrap though? The OP mentioned feeding them to a sundew.
well wat i do to get large insects is i get some sugar and put it in a jar and you have the top in your hand then wen a fly gose inside qwickly put the top back on and feed it to your plant
By Borgholio
dionaea muscipula wrote:
Borgholio wrote:
dionaea muscipula wrote:someone posted a topic on making a trap here is the link http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 9&start=10
Huh...ok that's neat. Would fruit files be big enough for a flytrap though? The OP mentioned feeding them to a sundew.
well wat i do to get large insects is i get some sugar and put it in a jar and you have the top in your hand then wen a fly gose inside qwickly put the top back on and feed it to your plant
Sounds like an awful lot of waiting. :) I'll try the bottle trap though...might get lucky.
By Borgholio
Nearly a year later and well...see for yourself. I think it survived it's first dormancy quite nicely. :)

SAM_0202.JPG
SAM_0202.JPG (446.54 KiB) Viewed 2810 times
SAM_0200.JPG
SAM_0200.JPG (430.17 KiB) Viewed 2810 times
By Steve_D
Great! Wasps are very confident when it comes to Venus Flytraps, and are often able to muscle or even chew their way out. Since they trip so many of the traps with impunity as they go from one to another for the nectar, it's nice to see a Venus Flytrap win in the exchange from time to time. :)
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

So sorry I can’t make it for this one. If th[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!