FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
If the flower stalk doesn't wither up is a good sign that it's cooking seeds. On the other hand, I've had some that the ovary didn't really swell, but the stalk never dried up either. Most had a single seed, but couple were barren.
I've heard reference to the ovary getting a pebbled texture if cooking seeds, but I've had some pebbled from the beginning, and others stay smooth until I harvested seeds.
The only real way to know is to wait until it dries up and you can see if there are seeds.
andynorth liked this
By andynorth
Great. Thank you for that info. I will probably spend the next several days checking for and self pollinating a lot of my plants. Most blooms are covered but I purchased several of the Sarrs during the Holiday special and they are plants of Matt's choosing so some have no ID. I am sure someone will be able to figure out what they are once they bloom or get larger pitchers so I will be able to self pollinate or do some crosses next season. I am sticking to self pollination this year until I get the hang of it.
RO water for Carnivorous Plants

ZeroWater Pitcher works really well for me.

I can do 6 weeks. Am I getting it right that the […]

I agree with Shadowtski. Read the information at […]

Hello

Welcome from an introvert who can’t shut up […]

Hello from Germany

Hi there and welcome! It’s always nice to m[…]

New here

Heya and welcome! Another one liberating from Lowe[…]

Should I just leave them be?

Was the flytrap identified to you as a red garne[…]

BIG SALE!!

One Large Agnes Was SOLD They must’ve love[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!