FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Spunro
the media looks reallllly wet imo, id let it dry out a little bit
By RoutineDisco
Ok i didn’t check in on this thread for a while…i took it out of the water and it’s getting maybe an hour soak a day or so, new grow lights are also coming tomorrow. I used neem oil and i went pretty aggressively with the alcohol but since then i haven’t seen any new bugs crawling around. I think something might be growing but it seems to just be a leaf and not a pitcher? I might be deluding myself out of hope. Should i just repot the plant completely after this last treatment and in that process give it a good wash with distilled water?

Also i know a bit off topic…this was really stupid of me but i sprayed my pinguicula which was doing really well with alcohol thinking it’d just get rid of the bugs in one go and the next morning it almost completely dried but the crown still seems to be live and green (flower stalks actually seem to be fine and still have dew, leaves are looking shriveled). I was using a q-tip previously to kill off anything and it was doing fine but the sprat was obviously way too strong. Is it possible the plant will survive and regrow?
By RoutineDisco
Just wanted to update that with a new light and distilled water flush a lot of new pitchers seem to be growing! One is maturing and it seems like the mouth is a bit small but it’s definitely the best growth the plant has put out so far and there are lots of little growth points as well!
wcrosman, Jedikinigit liked this
By Gary
Something to remember about water and alcohol. I assume you used OTC 70% alcohol? Water and IPA are miscible. The alcohol will easily soak through a plant's cell walls, mix with the water, evaporate, and dry out the leaves. 91% and 99% IPA are used to remove water from thin glass tubing and other delicate labware. You have to be very careful not to overdo it with plants.

Last time I sent a SASE to myself, it took a week […]

Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!