FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Nikson
Hey all, I picked up a bunch of drosera filiformis at the Chattahochee Nature Center carnivorous plants sale last summer, and they've been through dormancy without any problems.

However, they've been waking up the last few weeks and putting out traps, and today for the first time I noticed those disgusting little green bugs crawling all over one of them. Some of the aphids look like they got stuck in the goop, while others are kind of just there.

I used my fingers and smushed all that I could see, and blasted the plant with some neem oil for good measure.

Is there anything else I should be doing to control the aphids? Or just keep doing what I'm doing?
By Panman
You can kill them with Bioadvanced 3-in-1. The sundews don't like it much, but it won't kill them. You'll need to treat them several weeks in a row to eliminate them.

BTW, did you see my post about the meetup on the south side of Atlanta in April?
andynorth liked this
By Nikson
Panman wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:49 pm You can kill them with Bioadvanced 3-in-1. The sundews don't like it much, but it won't kill them. You'll need to treat them several weeks in a row to eliminate them.

BTW, did you see my post about the meetup on the south side of Atlanta in April?
Yeah that's the product I was looking at getting since recently I've started getting aphids on my deck, but I'm not exactly sure how to use Bioadvanced 3-in-1. Do you just get the spray bottle version and spray the plant all over once a week, in the crown and on the tops and bottoms of the traps?

And I haven't! I'll have to take a look at that haha.
By Panman
I can't find the spray bottle, so I just mix the concentrate in a sprayer. I spray the crown, leaves, and soil with it. You will need to repeat the process. I think it recommends 7 days.
Nikson liked this
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!