FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Lain
Panman wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:20 pm I will keep the identity secret (although anyone that has received a package from this person will know who it is).
I see that your secret santa is generous as usual but has gotten even more.. creative with their packaging as of late. I do hope you got the box off the porch and not your wife or kids!
By elaineo
Lain wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:47 am I see that your secret santa is generous as usual but has gotten even more.. creative with their packaging as of late. I do hope you got the box off the porch and not your wife or kids!
I thought Christmas was all about being embarrassed in front of friends and family! :lol:
Panman, andynorth, Lain liked this
By -Stanley-
Plants received yesterday from my secret Santa:
IMG_3442.jpeg
IMG_3442.jpeg (2.48 MiB) Viewed 1197 times
Thank you very much!
(The varieties I received are Grun, Alien, Bristletooth)
andynorth liked this
By kronos1996
-Stanley- wrote:Plants received yesterday from my secret Santa:
IMG_3442.jpeg
Thank you very much!
(The varieties I received are Grun, Alien, Bristletooth)

Did they survive shipping mostly intact? I’ve never shipped potted plants before. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Panman liked this
By -Stanley-
kronos1996 wrote: Did they survive shipping mostly intact? I’ve never shipped potted plants before.
Yes, they survived the shipping. Thank you again!
By elaineo
It seems Santa's reindeer took a wrong turn on his way to my house. Fortunately, Santa packed the gift so well it could have survived a trip to the moon! Inside this space capsule was... a Ping Aphrodite! Thank you, @alecStewart1 !
IMG_5910.jpg
IMG_5910.jpg (217.08 KiB) Viewed 1155 times
IMG_5912.jpg
IMG_5912.jpg (207.53 KiB) Viewed 1155 times
By alecStewart1
elaineo wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:08 am It seems Santa's reindeer took a wrong turn on his way to my house. Fortunately, Santa packed the gift so well it could have survived a trip to the moon! Inside this space capsule was... a Ping Aphrodite! Thank you, @alecStewart1 !
You're welcome @elaineo! Your grow list said you wanted a ping you couldn't kill and P. 'Aphrodite' is super forgiving. I tried to package it like the pings I've been sent so I'm glad the packaging was considered good!

My Secret Santa (I forgot to write down the name somewhere and take pictures :roll:) sent me 2 little GJ Shir Khans, a Venus Flytrap cultivar I wanted for awhile, and a Sarracenia flava x purpurea which so far has a funny little "hat". They arrived with my order from California carnivores, so it was quite a haul yesterday! :lol:

Pity that almost all of the plants I got yesterday, besides a ping, have to go in the garage for winter sleepy time with the rest of the temperate homies, but it'll be fun to watch them come back in spring! I also had to use some cheap Phalaenopsis pots for some of the plants since I lacked foresight, but they work. They're just not the most visually appealing.
elaineo liked this
By Panman
It looks like that is a wrap for this year's Secret Santa exchange. Thank you to everyone who participated. I hope you all got some goodies that you will enjoy. Feel free to pop back to this thread in a few months and let us know how they are growing.
elaineo, alecStewart1 liked this
By Panman
alecStewart1 wrote:My Secret Santa (I forgot to write down the name somewhere and take pictures ) sent me 2 little GJ Shir Khans, a Venus Flytrap cultivar I wanted for awhile, and a Sarracenia flava x purpurea which so far has a funny little "hat".
From Santa, "Could you please tell my giftee that the unlabeled plant was an SD Kronos? I didn't have time to label it."
alecStewart1 liked this

Has anyone heard about this population of giant tr[…]

Received. Thanks!

They arrived! thank you! :D

Just saw this https://lifehacker.com/home/how-to-g[…]

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to find a loca[…]

Thanks guys I’ll cut it. I haven’t got[…]

RO Buddy Reviews

Yes, you can use it for other plants that aren't s[…]

I don't do FB but I believe I may have seen this. […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!