FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By andynorth
Anyone know what is going on with my Drosera ? whatchamacallit ( I lost the ID and have too many to try and decipher off my list so if you know what it is please let me in on it. :D
Any how, I just noticed that a portion of it is browning and another portion is almost black. I have it in a greenhouse so I do not think it is going dormant but I have been known to be wrong before.
Attachments:
20231109_190019.jpg
20231109_190019.jpg (452.09 KiB) Viewed 795 times
20231109_190010.jpg
20231109_190010.jpg (558.25 KiB) Viewed 795 times
By ChefDean
Many, not all, of those small rosetted types don't go dormant unless conditions are pretty far outside of optimal. Where it's only a couple that are affected, I'd say they're dying. Looking at that particular cluster, it appears to be too crowded. They are usually fine being somewhat cozy, but they're climbing over one another. Maybe separate them, give them each more room to breathe.
The black one is probably a goner, but the browning one could be saved (bag it after repotting), the rest look like they'll pout, but be fine.
andynorth liked this
By andynorth
Bagged and placed out of direct light in greenhouse. I am thinking it was not only the plant overcrowding itself. I had removed a bunch of moss off of this and another just like it. Unfortunately I did not get it all and it appears that the moss was "choking" the plants which led to their demise. I can see using moss as a top dressing for Sarrs and Neps but not Drosera. I thought moss needed light to grow but this stuff buried itself deep within the plants and was a PITA to get it all out. Hopefully I got it all and they will, for the most part make a full recovery.

Has anyone heard about this population of giant tr[…]

Received. Thanks!

They arrived! thank you! :D

Just saw this https://lifehacker.com/home/how-to-g[…]

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to find a loca[…]

Thanks guys I’ll cut it. I haven’t got[…]

RO Buddy Reviews

Yes, you can use it for other plants that aren't s[…]

I don't do FB but I believe I may have seen this. […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!