FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Lawndude84
Very nice looking plants, you were fortunate enough to purchase plants that large. It's pretty rare to find them that big for retail. :)
By Pickles6
Wow! Fang is a nice name. My plant looks kinda small and helpless compared to yours. He'll look better in time. VFT's are little monsters!
By Oblivion
Pickles6 wrote:Wow! Fang is a nice name. My plant looks kinda small and helpless compared to yours. He'll look better in time. VFT's are little monsters!
the one in the black pot (fang #2, aka Mr chomp) is probably the biggest and strongest. he is a nice size for catching flies.
the ones in the blue pot (fang #1) is a bit smaller, almost half the size. a big fly for him is almost more than a mouthful for most of his traps.

fang #1 is looking much better now. nearly all his traps are open.
i love the pinkish red in Fangs traps (blue pot), and he has real nice red cilia even if the traps are a little smaller than Mr Chomp's (
another fly exoskeleten exposed yesterday, two more today.

took about 7-9 days for him to open up after his first day feeding @ my kitchen window (an all u can eat buffet of flies for VFT's during aussie summer)

By tonge50
Hi Oblivion, I just got 'Fang' as a small, bare root plant. I hope it will grow up to be a 'lit'l monster' like yours.
  • Image Image
I also use the tray watering method for my traps. The amount or depth of the water depends on weather conditions. In the winter, the pots sit in just 1/4 to 1/2 inch of water when it's not raining. I have been leaving my VFTs out in the rain, but then I take them out of the tray.
  • Image Image
The last few days have been sunny and I have the pots in about 1 1/4 inches of water. In the summer I keep the trays topped off all the time (aprox. 2 1/2 to 3") :D
tonge50 liked this
By Oblivion
thanks for sharing your VFT pics tonge50.

bottom right pic, i love those VFT's in the blue pots. superb looking plants.

i hope mine look as big as that one day :)
Oblivion liked this

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!