FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Pat
Hi,
I thought I would share some pictures of my recently acquired Heliamphora Tequila to you. I am part of the Carnivorous Plant Society of Australia and we have a meeting every third Tuesday of the month. Last Augusts’ meeting, another member brought in a spectacular Heliamphora Minor which I adored. So when that same member brought in a medium sized Heliamohora Tequila I immediately jumped on it for a bargain of $15. I am growing it in my plastic house at the moment because this is where the person I bought it from grows his Helis. Thanks for taking a look.
Pat :)
photos 027.jpg
photos 028.jpg
By WORMSS
They look really cool :D..

all they need is some gigantic TEETH on top and It would be perfect for me :D HEHE
By Carl
Nice plant gooch. I've got to admit I like Heli's but cannot provide the right conditions for them yet
By Carl
A quote out of The Savage Garden by Peter D'Amato about Heli's climate

"Most are considered highland tropicals, and do best with night temperatures between 45 and 60 degrees; day temperatures between 60 and 80 degrees. Extremes tolerated are 35 to 90 degrees, but cooler day temperatures are preferred. High humidity is a requirement, as well as good air circulation."
By Pat
Hi, Thanks or all your compliments on the plant. Hi Matt, regarding conditions on growing Helis, optimum conditions would be as following-

Sun light- Helis enjoy 50 to 70% in cooler weather. During warmer weather this should be reduced by about 50% to avoid over heating the plant.

Temperature- Cooler temperatures are preferred by Heliamphoras, from around 50-80 degrees F. It is better to have a night time drop rather than a constant temperature. Because Helis are from the high mountain tops of Venezuela they are quite intolerant of high temperatures. Most of the hardier species can tolerate temperatures of up to 95 degrees F although I wouldn’t recommend letting them getting up to these temperatures.

Humidity- Heliamphoras require humidity ranging from 65-90%.

Hope this helps Pat :)
By WORMSS
WOW, thats a fair amount of requirements...

I'm glad [up until dormancy] that all I have to worry about is keep water in the Venus Fly Trap's tray.
Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!