FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By leegilee
Hi everyone. Wanted to know which cultivar is the biggest by pure size of the entire visible plant. I got mixed responses. Seeing Matt's SD Kronos got me wondering. I also got told Jaws, little skeptical of that since I've never had one and no one really talk about her in that particular way. What do you guys think.
By Apollyon
SD Kronos is an impressive VFT, it can fill a container pretty fast and gets very large. I took out several divisions from my plant and the container filled itself up in no time. The small divisions have filled their pots already as well. Theyre a "ground cover" kind of VFT though so it won't grow upwards but it does look good. I think DC XL is a good one to throw in there because trap size is similar and it can grow upwards.
By Apollyon
SD Kronos is an impressive VFT, it can fill a container pretty fast and gets very large. I took out several divisions from my plant and the container filled itself up in no time. The small divisions have filled their pots already as well. Theyre a "ground cover" kind of VFT though so it won't grow upwards but it does look good. I think DC XL is a good one to throw in there because trap size is similar and it can grow upwards since you're talking about overall volume and size.
By optique
King Henry is also not a bad option, this is my pot of it and its just waking up from winter.
same plants 3 months ago
Dan V liked this
By Dan V
Alien holds the largest trap record and La Grosse à Guigui makes a huge plant by volume, Matt has extremely large plants, check out his "giant" VFT plant list.
leegilee liked this

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!