FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of subjects other than carnivorous plants, such as orchids, landscapes, etc.

Moderator: Matt

By thepitchergrower
Well, maybe the "starter pack" of CP's giveaway that MaxVft sent me when I first started... :D
hollyhock liked this
By hollyhock
thepitchergrower wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:43 pm Well, maybe the "starter pack" of CP's giveaway that MaxVft sent me when I first started... :D
That's wonderful. Now you know why I love giveaways. I still have people update me on stuff they have won from me. And even pictures of their sprouting seeds. It warms my heart :D
By hollyhock
Sundews69 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:51 pm I got four small cape sundews for eight bucks.
When I first started collecting I bought 3 for $9. I cried when they arrived frozen and completely black. I was definitely to impulsive. Ordered plants in the winter. Lesson learned :D
By elaineo
Back in Panman's day, you could buy a venus flytrap for a nickel at Woolworth's, plus a steak and kidney pie, a cup of coffee, a slice of cheesecake and a newsreel, with enough change left over to ride the trolley from Battery Park to the polo grounds.

kidding, kidding.
Best deal ever... I request free veggie seeds each year from freeheirloomseeds.org (I always send a donation though, so it's not *totally* free). Most of the veggie/herb pics I submitted to Hollyhock's ABC giveaway were grown from those free seeds.
hollyhock, Lain liked this
By hollyhock
elaineo wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:25 pm Back in Panman's day, you could buy a venus flytrap for a nickel at Woolworth's, plus a steak and kidney pie, a cup of coffee, a slice of cheesecake and a newsreel, with enough change left over to ride the trolley from Battery Park to the polo grounds.

kidding, kidding.
Best deal ever... I request free veggie seeds each year from freeheirloomseeds.org (I always send a donation though, so it's not *totally* free). Most of the veggie/herb pics I submitted to Hollyhock's ABC giveaway were grown from those free seeds.
Funny you should mention that. I just received some from them. Dill, cilantro, chives, and cress. What a wonderful organization :D
I got the dill to attract swallowtail. I saw one on my plant and it was incredible and inspiring :D
Attachments:
FB_IMG_1648845265451.jpg
FB_IMG_1648845265451.jpg (108.55 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
20220401_162910.jpg
20220401_162910.jpg (2.14 MiB) Viewed 5213 times
elaineo, Bill Phoenix liked this
By DragonsEye
I don't know if you count trades. I rather consider those freebies because I'm trade my excess plants for someone else's. Then there has been the occasional giveaway I have won. I also got a free varigated Agave and a couple nice bonsai pots for free. I was helping out at a cacti/succ show, and one of the vendors had a few leftover plants he did not want to bother taking home ...
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!