FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
I'd like to thank DragonsEye for his recent donation.
He has donated bulk seed for D. hartmeyerorum, probably enough for up to five packs. Nice!
We haven't seen DragonsEye around for a bit, it only took a Petiolaris complex mix of seeds to bring him back to us. He was probably just lurking, trying to make up his mind as to what he should request. Lurk away DE, lurk away.
These seeds are immediately available to all eligible members.
DragonsEye, thank you for your ongoing generosity.
Shadowtski, sundewd, oval and 1 others liked this
By Cross
Does this mean that you're packaging the seeds now? I'm hoping to take Alucard to seed and give 75% to the bank. One for giveaway. One for me. I don't know how to fold those little envelopes.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

By ChefDean
The preferred way is still to portion them out before you send them in in whatever packet you can make, that way we have an accurate count of how packets are there. If you have a lot of seeds, then bulk is an OK second choice.
However, with bigger seeds like Sarracenia, sending in bulk increases the chances of crushing and destruction unless you send them in a box, increasing the shipping cost.
Your choice.
By sundewd
you can buy glassine seed envelopes or small ziplock bags on ebay, amazon, etc. for pretty cheap. I'm trying them now because making so many packets was getting tiring.
By DragonsEye
With find dust-like particles such as Drosera seed, there is often an issue of trying to get them out of plastic bags like ziplocks. The plastic tends to develop a static charge very easily. This can cause very small particles to adhere very strongly to them. In the case of Drosera seeds, it may make it difficult to get the seeds out of the bag.
thepitchergrower liked this
By sundewd
That's why I'm doing it with the glassine envelope inside of a small ziplock. Folded paper was possibly better but there's a limit to how much I can fold.
Hello from Arkansas!

Welcome man!

I dont know if this is too much but can you also a[…]

Hello, I would like to request D. capensis "[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1666. I'll PM[…]

New cultivar potential?

This plant always has something in its mouth :rol[…]

Black tips on drosera regia

It's probably nothing, as the whole plant seems to[…]

Yellowish leaves on N. ventrata

My 'Mimis Kiss' is finally growing pitchers again[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!