FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By DesertPat
I'm no expert but those don't look quite like capillaris to me. More reminiscent of D. admirabilis in my mind, however I will eat my words if someone else more knowledgeable than me chimes in. Chef? Mike?

Patrick
By TrapsAndDews
By looking at the pictures of the seeds, they do not appear to be capillaris. From the pictures of I've seen, d. capillaris has seeds that are more rounded. https://www.carnivorousplants.org/about ... SeedImages

*note: I have never grown capillaris, and I am not an expert in sundews. There more experienced and knowledgeable members here. Listen to them.
By evenwind
I agree with @Nepenthes0260. Here's a pic of my half-grown Capi Boiling Springs. You can see they have a very different leaf shape from the plants in your pic.
PC102575a.JPG
PC102575a.JPG (244.33 KiB) Viewed 1907 times
Nepenthes0260 liked this
By Jonathan_
Awe. Now I'm upset. Here I was touting I finally got a D.capillaris from NC which I have been looking for ages and ages. Such a disappointment :( I thought I finally had one :(
By Jonathan_
evenwind wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:28 pm I agree with @Nepenthes0260. Here's a pic of my half-grown Capi Boiling Springs. You can see they have a very different leaf shape from the plants in your pic.PC102575a.JPG
May I ask where you got your seed?
By evenwind
I got them on Ebay from a seller named "lokkit" last December. I just checked and he doesn't have any listed right now but you could certainly contact him to see when he might have them again. Also, you can contact me after the seedlings have a chance to grow some more and the weather gets warm again - I'm probably going to have a lot of extra plants in the Spring.
By Jonathan_
evenwind wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:34 pm I got them on Ebay from a seller named "lokkit" last December. I just checked and he doesn't have any listed right now but you could certainly contact him to see when he might have them again. Also, you can contact me after the seedlings have a chance to grow some more and the weather gets warm again - I'm probably going to have a lot of extra plants in the Spring.
That's actually who I got the seeds from. This is why I was debating if it was really D.capillaris or not because he is reputable!
By Nepenthes0260
Jonathan_ wrote:Awe. Now I'm upset. Here I was touting I finally got a D.capillaris from NC which I have been looking for ages and ages. Such a disappointment :( I thought I finally had one :(
PM me if you're after NC cap, I have some with location data from a private logging road in Brunswick Co., NC that I can sell.
By evenwind
That's really odd. Mine look a lot like other capi I'm growing but they're still seedlings and haven't reached their full size and shape. I see yours are old enough to flower but don't look all that much like my other flowering-size capis. I can only suggest you send both pics to lokkit and ask his opinion. Maybe all the differences can be put down to the differences in growing conditions?
By Jonathan_
Nepenthes0260 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:57 pm PM me if you're after NC cap, I have some with location data from a private logging road in Brunswick Co., NC that I can sell.
PM'D!

Your flytrap will be fine. Continue to give proper[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , We found a solution to add it to o[…]

Leafs with no traps

Welcome to the forum. How about a pic of your flyt[…]

Hey @Panman, what’s that pretty leuco/moorei[…]

Some flytraps

All seed grown from Matt and my seeds.

Noob with questions

Hello, I'm new to this plat form, although as a 12[…]

What the f-

What is this? Is my flytrap finally fighting back […]

Chef dean, I'd like to cancel this order please. […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!