FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Cross
So I got that Max sea, mixed it up right. I sprayed my plants, but I'm wondering if I sprayed too much? I mean, I didn't spray until run off, but it did look like it just rained. Everything is being repotted tomorrow due to another plant being infested with tiny assholes. So I'm washing them off and completely repotting everything. So soil won't be a problem. But you think that's the cause, the max sea use? Here's some before and after. If it looks like crap, that's after max sea. In hindsight, I put a paper next to them that says now lol. They're not all the same plants before and now. I shared some before pictures just show general health of all my plants. I know dormancy is coming, but at this point my plants get nearly 16 hours of super lights I can't remember how to spell, but it starts with a v and spectra in there somewhere lol. So I don't really think they're going into dormancy yet. They'll get it, no worries. Just not yet for some reasons I don't care to admit, so forgive me on that. But what do you guys think? And any general advice is appreciated if you notice some things could be changed. Thanks ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

By h3r0
How many times are you feeding/spraying a week?
By Cross
h3r0 wrote:How many times are you feeding/spraying a week?
Just once a week. I've only done it once actually.

By Cross
specialkayme wrote:What's the PPM of the MaxSea you mixed up?
Give me a few minutes and I'll check. My dog refuses to come inside.

By Apollyon
Personally, I've found that the type of bottle can make a difference. I use a very fine mist bottle for most of my plants. The pitcher plants seem to be less caring of overspray but I've wrecked a pings day if I sprayed it too much. I believe other variables would be how healthy or fed the plant may be and light intensity. If someone tried to spray once a week with inadequate lighting, it'd probably end up bad. Could be a mixture of the pests+fertilizer. You don't want to be fertilizing sick plants. The Nep looks like it's more pest/trauma related. The VFT with the dead traps, I'm honestly not too sure. VFTs can also handle pretty serious spraying. I hit mine outside pretty liberally when I do it. The other two flytraps I wouldn't worry about.
By h3r0
When you say you mixed it right, what do you mean? You need to dilute it further than what the instructions tell you (can't remember the ratio but there are posts all over the forums on it).

Otherwise I think those vft might be going into dormancy with the way they are yellowing. Are there any new growths and how do they look?

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!