FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By MaxVft
Hello all,

I brought my flytraps, temperate 'dews and sarrs into my garage to go dormant. I can't leave them outside in Oregon weather since they'll freeze for up to 3 weeks at a time. They are not fully dormant except for the sundews which are dead as a log (other than hibernaculum of course). The only time they get light is when the garage light turns on. Can I leave them like this for the winter? The garage is not insulated but it still gets around 15 degrees hotter than outdoors making it around 60 degrees in there right now (but it'll get colder come November - December).

Question is, will my plants be OK like this during the winter? Probably but just making sure.

Thanks and happy growing
Max
By Panman
If it gets above 45 degrees in the garage then you will need some air of supplemental lighting. Even a shop light on a timer will work.
By MaxVft
Yeah alright thanks, I just moved them under my covered porch since the wind and rain is pretty bad. Hopefully they'll survive dormancy there til March.
Input on Neps placement

I have Diane, Lady Luck, Ventrata and hybrids with[…]

I put mine under a table outside. every few days i[…]

The light requirements for a VFT are such that ind[…]

I would think that the TDS would be different in d[…]

Hello from New England

Greetings from another New Englanda’

Finally!!! Rain!!!!

8s, keep looking on Craig's List and any local &qu[…]

should be fine, springtails make their way into co[…]

I have a Viparspectra v1000 in my grow area, about[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!