FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By BigwoORm614
okay...im back again and my second sundew is decling fast. was all green at the point of recieving it. no dew ever came to it and i have to be honest it has been in a very slow decline since i recieved it. so removed the soil it came with and noticed the this sundews root system looked very short and weak thin and short. everybody here gave me some good advise as what to do as i was struggling with my first sundew which was struggling. we used perlight, sphagnum, and quartz sand. which it recovered nicely and even grew a few flower stems that have not yet bloomed, although it seems to have gotten smaller but looks healthier but is more on the green side with no dew and using the trey method. i did buy a small humidifyer. from sunrise in the window at 9:00 till around 3 or 4 then i put them under artificial lighting till 11:00 pm about 12 inches above. here is the pics of when till now, once againg im stressing out over the thought of losing this guy/girl....thanks you guys for your thoughts!
Attachments:
20211019_121957.jpg
20211019_121957.jpg (3.7 MiB) Viewed 1488 times
20211019_121927.jpg
20211019_121927.jpg (3.37 MiB) Viewed 1488 times
20210926_102633.jpg
20210926_102633.jpg (744.02 KiB) Viewed 1488 times
By nimbulan
I'm a bit unclear about the order of the pictures, and I hope that second picture is older, but whatever the case the plant is not receiving enough light. Try to find a single spot where you can leave the plant with stronger light (probably move your artificial light closer?)
Panman liked this
By BigwoORm614
ok guys the first picture was my sundew after it recovered and was doing well but it is now struggling to survive. my second pic was unsaveable or too late after i learned to keep them stable and consistant water tray. now my first plant pic its leaves are weeping and 1 leaf at a time dying, everything i did to save this plant is now in a condition of failing, the one thing i do notice is my weather has changed and dropped to low 40 - 50s and the water is looking green and i changed it and has come right back green, and my thinking is with the light in the day and artificial light for the evenings seems fine but maybe too close to a window at night.....thinking.....thanks again everyone
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!