FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Panman
I brushed against one of my pitcher plants and a flurry of white flies shot into the air. "Great," I thought, "now I've got to find something to kill white flies." I got a quick glance at one, before it tried flying up my nose, and it didn't look like the white flies that I have dealt with in the past. A little Google-fu resulted in:
The Wooly Aphid ... I kid you not. Just like their green cousins except, well, wooly. They are known to come out in the fall, in the southeastern US. Not known to me! Ugh! Looks like I have a date with Bayer 3-in-1 in my future.

This has been a @!##@ of a year for plant problems. Cut worms, rhizome rot, aphids, scale, thrieps, and mealy bugs. And all of my fall produced pitchers have gotten indigestion and turned brown or had holes chewed through them. I just found a small pitcher plant where a cut worm ate the growth point. And now Wooly Aphids! The next thing you know I will have racoons picking the lock to my chicken coop to steal Venus Flytraps to sell to squirrels on the black market.
Last edited by Panman on Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Panman
Yuck. Captain Jack's Dead Bug should work on them. I used it on my pitcher plants in the spring to treat thrips. Dang, I left thrips off of my list. I need to update it.

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!