FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Chris_G
I was wondering if I could grow my nepenthes and cephalotus under a grow light only? And if possible how long should I leave them under the light?
By Supercazzola
For the longest time, I grew my Nepenthes under a grow light. I emulated the sunrise and sunset here in my location. I can’t tell you specifics for your setup (since you didn’t specify things like PAR rating of light where you intend to keep them, and type of Nepenthes.)
I eventually moved them outside (it is summer now). But keep the smaller ones (or cuttings) inside under a grow light .
By Chris_G
My nepenthes are N. glandulifera x hamata N. Ventricosa x Maxima and N. khsiana x (ventricosa x maxima). I had grown them in my closet before qith a grow light for a short while and they did fine. But I want to know if they will survive in the long run in there because winter is coming and there will be less sunlight.

I don't really know anything about grow lights but here is the link to the grow light I bought https://www.walmart.com/ip/60W-LED-Grow ... thena=true
Attachments:
20210814_175402.jpg
20210814_175402.jpg (2.91 MiB) Viewed 2682 times
20210814_175414.jpg
20210814_175414.jpg (2.47 MiB) Viewed 2682 times
By Supercazzola
I think Nepenthes do not all have the same light requirements, and some grow best in indirect sunlight. They actually get "sunburned" and you can see it on the leaves if they get too much light.
My gut feeling is the grow lights you have will not be ok for the long term, and you may want to invest in some quality lights. One example, and there are many so please do not think this is the only one, is you can buy a Mars Hydro TS-1000 light. Saying that, it may be too expensive for your budget. In that case, maybe one or two of the Yescom 225 White LEDs Grow Light panels may work better. I am not a big fan of the blue/red, although I own one.
Hopefully, someone with more knowledge will chime in. I live in FL, and grow mine outside most of the year.
Water Quality

That's true, but I think zero water pitcher is b[…]

Hello!

Welcome to the forum.

Sarracenia and Drosera for Sale!

Are the Drosera still available?? Are the Droser[…]

What the f-

I think it was a result of pesticides and / or t[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I'd really like to thank dejavert for going above […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!