FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By hungrycarnivores
jose wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:10 pm Speculating about AW’s rajah is pretty useless. You’ll never be able to import them. They’re not bigger than the BE ones, getting a response from Wistuba is like getting blood from a stone, and it’s illegal without the paperwork which he says he clearly isn’t interested in doing
Actually I gave AW an email and he said he would be interested. You are responsible for your import permit into the United States. This is granted by the USDA. You have to go through some hoops but I've heard it done once or twice.
sanguinearocks101 liked this
By Nepenthes0260
hungrycarnivores wrote:
jose wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:10 pm Speculating about AW’s rajah is pretty useless. You’ll never be able to import them. They’re not bigger than the BE ones, getting a response from Wistuba is like getting blood from a stone, and it’s illegal without the paperwork which he says he clearly isn’t interested in doing
Actually I gave AW an email and he said he would be interested. You are responsible for your import permit into the United States. This is granted by the USDA. You have to go through some hoops but I've heard it done once or twice.
If that ever works out, lmk! I'm somewhat familiar with the process, paperwork, and specific forms that you have to fill out for importing. Would be interesting to see how the Wistuba rajahs differ from the more common BE ones.
By jose
hungrycarnivores wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:52 pm
There’s a bit more to it then that. Every CP nursery here in the US has those exact permits but cannot import AW’s rajah. It’s an issue on Europe’s side.

Wistuba's rajah are the same exact Kew clones as BE’s rajah.
By JoshDoe
Apollyon wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:54 pm I think they prohibit trade though I've heard that if they're sent a plant as a "gift" or "without their knowledge" without any kind of transaction taking place for the plant in question then it is legal.
If anyone wants to gift me this, I sure don't know about it Mr. FBI man.
Re-introduction

Thanks so much for sharing this great information![…]

You know, it kinda hits you different when you onl[…]

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!