FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Moderator: Matt

User avatar
By Supercazzola
Location: 
Posts:  750
Joined:  Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:57 am
#384992
Let us know what you find out. I always disconnect mine after using it (which is only used one every two weeks or so. I fill up a 50 gallon garbage pail with RO/DI water). Then I store it until needed next. I use those blue pugs they give you to keep stuff from leaking out (and getting in) while it is in storage.
My output is still 0, and I have had it longer than you.
Can you point us to the inline TDS meter you decided on ?
Thanks
User avatar
By Panman
Location: 
Posts:  2095
Joined:  Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:41 pm
#384997
Mileage will vary based on the tds level of the water going in. What is yours currently?
User avatar
By elaineo
Location: 
Posts:  302
Joined:  Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:07 am
#384998
Supercazzola wrote:Let us know what you find out. I always disconnect mine after using it (which is only used one every two weeks or so. I fill up a 50 gallon garbage pail with RO/DI water). Then I store it until needed next. I use those blue pugs they give you to keep stuff from leaking out (and getting in) while it is in storage.
My output is still 0, and I have had it longer than you.
Can you point us to the inline TDS meter you decided on ?
Thanks
I fill up a couple of 1-gallon jugs, every other day. How do you get water out of the trash can?

This is the TDS meter. I'll let you know if it's any good. There weren't many other options that I could find.
https://www.amazon.com/HM-Digital-DM-1- ... 001EHAZGW/
User avatar
By elaineo
Location: 
Posts:  302
Joined:  Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:07 am
#384999
Panman wrote:Mileage will vary based on the tds level of the water going in. What is yours currently?
Almost 350ppm going in. I believe that some filters fail before others, and then they ruin the other filters down the line.
User avatar
By Panman
Location: 
Posts:  2095
Joined:  Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:41 pm
#385001
elaineo wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:36 pmHow do you get water out of the trash can?
Here is my post about what I do: post382605.html#p382605

Image

The trash can is on a patio that is about 5 feet higher than my plants.
elaineo, Supercazzola liked this
User avatar
By elaineo
Location: 
Posts:  302
Joined:  Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:07 am
#385006
Panman wrote: Image

The trash can is on a patio that is about 5 feet higher than my plants.
Oh cool, that is a good setup. I don't have a patio, but could probably put a trash can on some cinderblocks. Hmm...
User avatar
By Panman
Location: 
Posts:  2095
Joined:  Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:41 pm
#385031
The higher it is from what you are watering, the greater the water pressure will be. If you don't mind a slow trickle, it only needs to be a foot or two higher. If you are using a watering can, you can just prop it higher than the can and not worry about it.
User avatar
By Supercazzola
Location: 
Posts:  750
Joined:  Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:57 am
#385053
elaineo wrote:How do you get water out of the trash can?

This is the TDS meter. I'll let you know if it's any good. There weren't many other options that I could find.
https://www.amazon.com/HM-Digital-DM-1- ... 001EHAZGW/
I get my water out the old fashioned way - I take a 1 gallon bucket and reach in and scoop out water as I need it.

Thanks for the URL - I’ll be anxious to hear how the meter works for you.
elaineo liked this
User avatar
By elaineo
Location: 
Posts:  302
Joined:  Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:07 am
#386933
Supercazzola wrote: Thanks for the URL - I’ll be anxious to hear how the meter works for you.
Not a fan of the meter. My TDS readings were way off, compared to two handheld meters I tested. The plastic case is not sealed, so the circuit board may be easily affected by temperature/humidity. Anyway, I returned mine.

I ended up buying some valve kits so I can take a sample of water in between various stages and test it manually. I also read that the RO membrane should be flushed after each use, so the valves will make that task easier.
Supercazzola liked this

I would say it has a high % chance to recover as l[…]

yeah i have 2 left PM sent

That could be drosera binata, their seedlings ar[…]

Yuck. Captain Jack's Dead Bug should work on them.[…]

Azoxystrobin usage for VFT

Well, idk how effective it'll be one way or the ot[…]

All vft died, need help! :(

I was gonna take a pic but there is nothing left[…]

0599 Nep260 req. S. oreophila

Order received. Your order number is 0599. I'll PM[…]

New donation

In the meantime, don't cut them unless they dry up[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!