FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By elaineo
Drummer230 wrote: I use one teaspoon per gallon.
@Drummer230 -- just to clarify, before I kill my seedlings -- Is 1tsp/gallon for syringe feeding the pitchers, or the weekly maxsea watering? And do you flush the media after watering with maxsea, or let it marinate for awhile?
Drummer230 liked this
By ChefDean
I've seen his stuff, they are spectacular!, and he's putting the solution into the pitchers.
Personally, I do 1/4 tsp per gallon, but that because I also do a spray to foliar feed my Neps, Dews, Pings, and VFT's. I then fill a pitcher or two with that concentration on my Sarrs, but only so I don't have multiple concentrations of Maxsea laying around.
Mine aren't as impressive as his, but they are showing promise.
elaineo liked this
By murrkywaters
I'm starting to believe you could dump maxsea powder into a Sarracenia pitcher and the plant would be fine. I might test this on one of my flavas.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Drummer230, elaineo liked this
By Matt
I HEAVILY fertilized some Sarracenia seedlings this winter that germinated while in shipment to me last September. They grew remarkably fast and showed absolutely zero signs of burn. I used 1 teaspoon/gallon of Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro plus 1 teaspoon/gallon of Supreme Growers Kelp Blast then adjusted the pH to be between 5 and 6. I used this at every watering for quite a while (I think it was 6-8 weeks and at least 4 or 5 waterings) and they responded amazingly well to it. I never even fertilized them via the pitchers. They were huge after just a few months and are still growing well.
Drummer230, elaineo liked this
By Drummer230
elaineo wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:35 pm
Drummer230 wrote: I use one teaspoon per gallon.
@Drummer230 -- just to clarify, before I kill my seedlings -- Is 1tsp/gallon for syringe feeding the pitchers, or the weekly maxsea watering? And do you flush the media after watering with maxsea, or let it marinate for awhile?
Both! I'm very unscientific with it. I fill the pitchers up with maxsea, and once per week I dump maxsea into the water tray until it feels like enough, and then they sit in it. I never flush the media. As others have said, sarracenia seem to be able to handle tons of nutrients, and they grow much quicker with it.
elaineo liked this
By murrkywaters
I'll be hitting the seedlings I got from you with 300 ppm maxsea daily from now on, since I've been running a test with it on one of my neps with good results

elaineo liked this
By murrkywaters
Update: I planted 20 of the Darlingtonia seeds from @Matt and 12 seeds each from 6 of the sarracenia crosses. I had to stop after that because I need to save some space in the tents. I'm thinking about planting a few in a separate pot and trying my hand at growing outdoors again. Hopefully this summer is a bit milder

You know, it kinda hits you different when you onl[…]

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!