FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
Order received.
Your order number is 0360.
I'll PM you shortly with a mailing address for your SASE.
Thank you for your order.

For Sarracenia or Dionaea seeds, I strongly suggest you use a non-machinable stamp on your return envelope. (The inside one) For Drosera, Pinguicula, and Utricularia seeds, the extra postage is not necessary.
If you can't find a non-machinable stamp, I suggest a forever stamp plus a 15 cent stamp or two regular forever stamps on your return envelope.
The USPS machinery loves to crush those seeds. 

Reminder to all:
Please remember return address on all envelopes.
Please remember to write your Forum username and order number somewhere on the envelope or in a note.
I don't have access to a cross reference of real-world names linked to usernames.
Remembering these things helps me fill orders quicker.
Thank you.

Happy growing,
Dean
By isaacsbees
ChefDean wrote:Order received.
Your order number is 0360.
I'll PM you shortly with a mailing address for your SASE.
Thank you for your order.

For Sarracenia or Dionaea seeds, I strongly suggest you use a non-machinable stamp on your return envelope. (The inside one) For Drosera, Pinguicula, and Utricularia seeds, the extra postage is not necessary.
If you can't find a non-machinable stamp, I suggest a forever stamp plus a 15 cent stamp or two regular forever stamps on your return envelope.
The USPS machinery loves to crush those seeds. 

Reminder to all:
Please remember return address on all envelopes.
Please remember to write your Forum username and order number somewhere on the envelope or in a note.
I don't have access to a cross reference of real-world names linked to usernames.
Remembering these things helps me fill orders quicker.
Thank you.

Happy growing,
Dean
Sorry I forgot to say, I sent SASE two days ago. Thanks so much ChefDean!

-Isaac
By ChefDean
isaacsbees wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:26 am Never tried VFTs from seed, but I want to! Thanks Chef!

-Isaac

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
There has been some good reports about germination rate and variety of sprouts from these seeds. Technically, they're all typicals because they're seed grown, but they have the potential to look like almost anything.
Good luck.
By Apollyon
Hungrycarnivores tried some interesting and reported good results. Scarification was apparently very successful with germination. I found LFS to give me a higher germination rate (I just sowed them) but that could've been coincidence. HG did the traditional scarification/soak in water for 24 hours that is used on hard coated seeds. I may try to do the same or gamble GA3 and see what turns up this time and do them entirely outdoors. Good luck man!
By hungrycarnivores
Apollyon wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:27 am Hungrycarnivores tried some interesting and reported good results. Scarification was apparently very successful with germination. I found LFS to give me a higher germination rate (I just sowed them) but that could've been coincidence. HG did the traditional scarification/soak in water for 24 hours that is used on hard coated seeds. I may try to do the same or gamble GA3 and see what turns up this time and do them entirely outdoors. Good luck man!
Tried GA3. At low concentrations (0-10ppm) it has little to no effect, about 25 is the sweet spot for me, any more than that has a paradoxical effect.

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!