FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss fertilization techniques here. For advanced growers only!

Moderator: Matt

By PhilM
I mixed a gallon of maxsea but ended up using very little. Will it break down, expire or become otherwise non viable after a certain amount of time? I would hate to poison my plants by accident.
By Huntsmanshorn
If you mixed it with clean, pure water, distilled water is a good example, and you keep it in a cool, dark place, you should be fine but if you used water that is less than pure water, like rain water for instance, things can go bad.
Apollyon, PhilM liked this
By Apollyon
Honestly I held a jug for months and I don't think it really made a difference lol. The plants grew and considering that was their only source of nitrogen, I'm assuming it holds fine.
PhilM liked this
By Apollyon
That's the logical answer. I went that route and now my Maxsea disappears 10x faster.

How are the pings doing?
By PhilM
Happy & producing many leaves; I moved them a little closer to the lights to try and maintain that great coloration. Ill post another pic once their grow area is dialed in.
Apollyon liked this
By sanguinearocks101
PhilM wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:01 am I mixed it with distilled water so hoping it should hold up. Maybe I just need more plants so I run through it quicker...
I agree with this method, its a win lose lose but there’s a win in it so it’s all worth it :D . You win because you get some more plants, you lose because whoever lives with you starts to thing you’re insane because you have gotten yet more plants, and you lose because you go through more distilled water. But still you win because you get more plants!!!
PhilM liked this
By optique
I have a fridge in my building that i keep my unused mixed maxsea and beer in. I mix it with tap water(chlorine gas) and have never noticed any issues.
PhilM liked this

You know, it kinda hits you different when you onl[…]

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!