FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By Apollyon
Couldn't say for sure but the starter plants are actually a pretty good size most of the time. Honestly I got a Schuppenstiel one time as a starter and it grew significantly and divided in a season. They do a good job and send out quality stuff
By Matt
Our "starter" size plants are typically right near flowering size or just under. As @Apollyon mentioned, they will grow quickly with good care and become quite large by the end of a single growing season.

As for the 5 small plants, those are usually around starter sized plants, so near flowering size or bigger. The 25 baby flytraps are typically smaller than our "starter" sized plants.
By optique
I got the 25 baby's(green) last season some had 5+ inch leaf spans by fall.
I am thinking about getting the 25red, Korean Melody Shark, and Schuppenstiel I this year.
By TrapHappy
optique wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:33 pm I got the 25 baby's(green) last season some had 5+ inch leaf spans by fall.
I am thinking about getting the 25red, Korean Melody Shark, and Schuppenstiel I this year.
I 100% recommend KMS, it’s hands down my favorite cultivar (even though KJU, KJII, and some GJ clones are giving it a run for its money), the petioles are so delicate, the color is absolutely beautiful and can be many different shades of red splotched on green or sometimes yellow, the cilia are beautifully fine like bristletooth, and the traps are amazingly elegant in their structure, as well as being functional. All in all it’s an amazing clone
By Panman
Carnies wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:26 pm Also thinking about the 25 Baby Flytraps.... Anyone have a pic or comparison of the 5 babies to the 25 baby flytraps?
I got the 25 babies. They were pretty tiny. Most across about the size of a nickle. The bulb (not the right word but you know what I mean) was 3/16 to 1/4 across. I'll try to get you some pictures tonight.
By Matt
Carnies wrote:Thanks, the 25 baby flytraps are out of stock anyways, hopefully the 5 small flytraps are still in stock by March...
Not likely. We typically only offer those sorts of products during the slow time of the year. Those types of products (multiple plant products) are time-consuming and tedious to prepare and ship, so we rarely offer them during the busy season, which is from late February through October.
Supercazzola liked this

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!