FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Berrybob
My first heli had been been doing great when I got it. It was growing new pitchers and staying healthy. Over the past two weeks its condition has been declining. All of the pitchers have died or are dying. I took the plant out of the pot and the roots looked healthy. Any ideas on what might be wrong?
Attachments:
20210131_130239.jpg
20210131_130239.jpg (6.18 MiB) Viewed 1740 times
By Nepenthes0260
Did you get it directly from Wistuba? If so, how long was it in the mail for? I had the same thing happen to a couple of helis from my summer import that spent three weeks in transit. Temps are good, and if it's bagged humidity should be good.
By Huntsmanshorn
Check for pests, I lost my favorite Heliamphora to spider mites.
By Berrybob
Nepenthes0260 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:55 pm Did you get it directly from Wistuba? If so, how long was it in the mail for? I had the same thing happen to a couple of helis from my summer import that spent three weeks in transit. Temps are good, and if it's bagged humidity should be good.
I did get it straight from wistuba. I am not sure how long it was in transit, I did a group order with a friend. It came during the fall. It was probably around three weeks. Could it be lighting? I'm using t12s but I got an led grwolught that I need to set up still (I need to build a stand).
By Nepenthes0260
Berrybob wrote:
Nepenthes0260 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:55 pm Did you get it directly from Wistuba? If so, how long was it in the mail for? I had the same thing happen to a couple of helis from my summer import that spent three weeks in transit. Temps are good, and if it's bagged humidity should be good.
I did get it straight from wistuba. I am not sure how long it was in transit, I did a group order with a friend. It came during the fall. It was probably around three weeks. Could it be lighting? I'm using t12s but I got an led grwolught that I need to set up still (I need to build a stand).
I see! That was probably it. It looks pretty rough now from shipping, but your conditions sound good. I'd keep on doing what you're doing. Maybe give it a trichoderma soak. But it may not come back because the growth point already looks really wilty, even though you have it bagged.
Berrybob liked this

Order received. Your order number is 1671. I'll PM[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1670. I'll PM[…]

Weird Pitchers, advice?

I'm concerned about all my plants and wondering if[…]

Anything that requires a dormancy, dry rest, or de[…]

Hey everyone! I'm back on my hunt to look for a d[…]

Hello again from Florida

This isn't really a true introduction because I've[…]

New cultivar potential?

For its stout leaves and proportionately large t[…]

I have a many cape sundew varieties, about 6 pingu[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!