FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Freebies, raffles, etc. for plants or growing supplies

Moderator: Matt

By Panman
Apollyon wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:02 pm Hard to tell but they do look like Byblis seeds more than Drosera for sure. You could do the 10:1 water/bleach thing or soak them in a 500ppm mix of GA3 for 24 hours. The second would be less likely to damage them if it isn't byblis though. Good luck!
But what about the fire? Besides, I don't have GA3 and bleach doesn't sound like as much fun.
evenwind wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:18 pm You're sure they're seeds, right? And not something else like beetle poop?
Um, @ChefDean?
By Apollyon
You could do smoke treatment if you're adventurous, why not!

I would've burned my house down so I chickened out and got the powder
By ChefDean
evenwind wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:18 pm You're sure they're seeds, right? And not something else like beetle poop?
I make no guarantees. However, they were in a little envelope that, I think, I received my B. Liniflora seeds in. Again, no guarantees.
If they do turn out to be a form of Coleoptera excrement (beetle poop) I'll make sure to take care of you.
By Panman
I heard byblis and smoke! This will be epic. I'll have my daughter film it. I would ask my wife but she will be manning the fire extinguisher. I'll need to find some other stray seeds and see how they respond to a minor brush fire.
By ChefDean
Not to extinguish your plans (see what I did there?), but if they are leftover Liniflora, they germinated for me without any special treatment. Just a sow and grow.
By Apollyon
Shame. When my filifolia or rorida stops acting stuck up about what pollen they receive, I'll send you some seeds so you can recreate the miracle of nature.
Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!