FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Panman
Hi. My name is John and I am a CP addict.

It all started innocently enough. I had a couple of outdoor bogs with some VFT, s. flava, and d. intermedia. I had a couple of neps hanging out. Then I found you people! Now I'm doing leaf pullings, sprouting heaven knows what from seed, grow lights going in the basement, dormancy pots stuffed in the shed, and growing my own moss! I went from 5 species/varieties/cultivars to over 30 since March. And that doesn't include the things that may or may not sprout under my lights. Now I'm staying up at night negotiating trades with people I have never met before and stalking what will be my next CP acquisition. I blame all of you for your extensive knowledge and willingness to help. And the pictures of your plants! Y'all are killing me.

Seriously though, I have always enjoyed this hobby but being part of this forum has really helped me to stretch myself and try some new things. Next on my list for next year: Cephalotus. I had one 30 years ago that drowned in an unfortunate terrarium/aquarium sprinkler incident.

Thanks to everyone that makes this place so much fun.
Matt, Shadowtski, sanguinearocks101 and 1 others liked this
By evenwind
Hello John!
By ChefDean
Welcome John, the first step is always the hardest, admitting you have a problem.
However, you need to work on accepting the consequences of your actions, no one forced you to so adamantly seek out your next fix, brokering trades in dark chat rooms with seedy characters. Time to start practicing what us big boys call "self control".
That is what I'd say if I didn't have my own dealers, um, friends, pushing their Sarrs, VFT's, and Capes on me because they know I'm weak.
MikeB, Matt, Shadowtski and 1 others liked this
By Shadowtski
Matt wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:18 pm Ditto that! This forum has attracted some fun (and kind) people over the years and the group that's active here now is one of the best!! :D
There are a lot of CP Groups and Forums, but I think this one is my favorite.
Love that "Pay It Forward" attitude that I encountered in Hollyhock's giveaways when I first encountered this gang of CP-holics.
This is what the internet was meant to be.

Good growing,
Mike
Matt liked this
By twitcher
Yes Mike. Shortly after I joined here I won a giveaway from Hollyhock. The prize is one of my favorite pings. I sure wish that she was still active here. Miss her and her give away's. She's the best.
By Matt
twitcher wrote:Shortly after I joined here I won a giveaway from Hollyhock. The prize is one of my favorite pings. I sure wish that she was still active here. Miss her and her give away's. She's the best.
Where has she gone? I noticed she's not been active in a while but I missed why that is the case if it was made public on the forum...

I miss her fun giveaways too.
By ChefDean
Matt wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:22 pmWhere has she gone? I noticed she's not been active in a while but I missed why that is the case if it was made public on the forum.
No idea. She made a request from the seed bank a few months back, then ghosted. Then she request the beginning of this month, so she's lurking.
I'm sure she's OK.
By Panman
So, a little stalking shows that she was on last weekend. Perhaps she will see this and be encouraged. The Secret Santa I did here this year was prompted from an old post of hers that I saw.
Matt liked this

still growing, inside pitcher still looks OK hopin[…]

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!