FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By camsdad66
My plants had gotten very unsightly and needed a "haircut". Took care of some of it last weekend. Got some more to do. Should have taken some more before photos, but oh well! Looked a lot better after! One was trying to escape his pot......It happens! Guess he was protesting my lack of attention. Lol. Some of them still growing, but some already have gone to "sleep".
ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
ChefDean liked this
By camsdad66
Pictures look crappy, for some reason...gonna repost. Last one is the aftermath....half a big city garbage can full of trimmed pitchers!ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Panman liked this
By camsdad66
Yessir, Matt! They are some tough cookies! LOL. 4 years?!! Dang, that's a long time! I get lazy with mine sometimes, but i am proud of the fact that some of my collection goes back 25+ years, honestly! I've moved them several times, and managed to keep them alive. Very resilient plants, they really don't "ask" for much!

By Panman
I don't know if my current flavas are 20 years old but they are at least direct divisions of the ones i got 20 years ago. They did fine with neglect but are really thriving with some tlc.
By Matt
camsdad66 wrote:Yessir, Matt! They are some tough cookies! LOL. 4 years?!! Dang, that's a long time!
Yeah, and for the size pots they were in it was far too long. I was just busy/distracted with other things much of the last 4 years. More time at home this year due to COVID-19 rekindled my excitement for CPs, particularly for Sarracenia. I'm crazy for them now and have dramatically increased my collection this year!
By camsdad66
That's cool about your Flavas, panman! Quite an achievement to keep plants growing that long. The ones I've had the longest originated from some S. alata i acquired in the early 90s! I know they're the offspring, divisions, etc of those original 2 or 3 plants, since I've never acquired that particular plant again since.

Panman liked this

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!