FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By That one plant boi
Hello!
Recently I ordered a rafflesiana, Singapore giant and I'm really excited to be a soon to be owner of this magnificent plant! I tried looking this plant up on Google, but I've had little luck in finding much information about this plant.
Basically, I'm just wondering about this history of this plant. Did it go through a name change or something? And how large does it really get?

Anyway, that's all. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sanguinearocks101 liked this
By camsdad66
Not sure about any details on that specific plant, but i would think it's cultivation requirements would be similar to any other N. Rafflesiana, or lowland Nepenthes, for that matter. Congrats, and please send photos and updates!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

sanguinearocks101 liked this
By jiacheow
Not sure about Singapore Giant as most giant rafflesiana variants seem to come from Borneo (Sarawak, etc)... anyway I think it should be identical when it comes to needs.

Here’s a “giant” rafflesiana growing in a nepenthes-themed garden in Penang, Malaysia.
BDD02BC9-47B4-4847-8A2C-DAF7D0D59988.jpeg
BDD02BC9-47B4-4847-8A2C-DAF7D0D59988.jpeg (905.14 KiB) Viewed 5651 times
By That one plant boi
camsdad66 wrote:Not sure about any details on that specific plant, but i would think it's cultivation requirements would be similar to any other N. Rafflesiana, or lowland Nepenthes, for that matter. Congrats, and please send photos and updates!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Thanks! I'll definitely be sure to post photos!

By That one plant boi
jiacheow wrote:My wrong, that picture was probably of a nepenthes hemsleyana. “Giant” raff should be squatter and bigger.
Cool, thank you!

By sanguinearocks101
jiacheow wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:55 pm Not sure about Singapore Giant as most giant rafflesiana variants seem to come from Borneo (Sarawak, etc)... anyway I think it should be identical when it comes to needs.

Here’s a “giant” rafflesiana growing in a nepenthes-themed garden in Penang, Malaysia. BDD02BC9-47B4-4847-8A2C-DAF7D0D59988.jpeg
I NEED THAT PLANT
By jiacheow
That’s from Monkey Cup at Penang Hill, a pretty nice place to visit if you visit the island. There’s an outdoors cafe too surrounded by the jungle. I went there while suffering from food-poisoning-related fever and still enjoyed it :D
By Baldhead
Hey

So I recently received a couple , but one is very white and the other is very red.
From my research, I understand that rafflesiana is very variable but as mentioned before very little about this 'Singapore Giant'.
For those that may have this variant please share some pictures.
Also is the code TP-1030 familiar?

Thank you in advance for your feedback!
By That one plant boi
Baldhead wrote:Hey

So I recently received a couple , but one is very white and the other is very red.
From my research, I understand that rafflesiana is very variable but as mentioned before very little about this 'Singapore Giant'.
For those that may have this variant please share some pictures.
Also is the code TP-1030 familiar?

Thank you in advance for your feedback!
Hey there

Here's a pick of mine now that its had a whole summers worth of growth. Looking a bit ratty at the moment though after I (unsuccessfully) tried to accumulate it to full sun in hopes I could give it more light during the winter, but it seems to prefer the shadier backyard anyway.ImageImageImage

Baldhead liked this
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

So sorry I can’t make it for this one. If th[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!