FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By PlanT640847401
I just ordered one and was reading up on it, apparently they dont go dormant. Is there a way I can keep mine outside year-round like using mulch or something? Or will I have to bring it in for the winter?

Also, Im getting a tracyii and filiformis, can these grow together or will tracyii need to be brought inside for winter?
By optique
as far as the dichotoma goes it should come back from the roots if you leave it out for the winter. what i did on my 1st winter was i cut the leaves off the day before frost and took them inside to grow for the winter. they would have been mush the next morning anyway.(it was the last CP to wake up had me worried)

tracyi is cold hardy but it will be the last sundew to go to sleep so protect it from a early frost if its not ready for it.
By Huntsmanshorn
PlanT640847401 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:29 am I just ordered one and was reading up on it, apparently they dont go dormant. Is there a way I can keep mine outside year-round like using mulch or something? Or will I have to bring it in for the winter?

Also, Im getting a tracyii and filiformis, can these grow together or will tracyii need to be brought inside for winter?
It really depends on where you are located. If you are in Florida you should be pretty safe but if you are in North Dakota you may want to reassess your options.
Hello again from Florida

Welcome

Weird Pitchers, advice?

the black absorbs the full spectrum of light makin[…]

Two issues. The only filiformis var Floridana we h[…]

primaflora likes to be almost wet. I keep it in sh[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1671. I'll PM[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1670. I'll PM[…]

Hey everyone! I'm back on my hunt to look for a d[…]

New cultivar potential?

For its stout leaves and proportionately large t[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!