FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By zendercosm_11
{bump}
Last edited by zendercosm_11 on Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By hungry carnivores
CCP is great. He worked with our museum, and I'm satisfied by his mature Tracyii and VFT's . Great plants overall.

I hate supply stores. They buy and then sell. Like a Home Depot or a Target. All they are are distrubutors.

I prefer supporting smaller stores like Jeremiah, FTS (haven't ordered but when I get VFT's you bet I will), Cooks, Curiousplant. etc.
zendercosm_11 liked this
By MikeB
I purchased all of the 'Fine Tooth x Red' flytrap cultivars for my new pot from Cook's CP, along with all of my 'Low Giant' and 'Vigorous' cultivars 10-12 years ago, plus half a dozen Sarracenia including a very nice S. purpurea 'Venosa Red'.
Venosa Red.jpg
Venosa Red.jpg (673.35 KiB) Viewed 8281 times
zendercosm_11 liked this
By zendercosm_11
MikeB wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:47 pm I purchased all of the 'Fine Tooth x Red' flytrap cultivars for my new pot from Cook's CP, along with all of my 'Low Giant' and 'Vigorous' cultivars 10-12 years ago, plus half a dozen Sarracenia including a very nice S. purpurea 'Venosa Red'.
Venosa Red.jpg
Aw, man a plant 10 years old is like a family member. Lol. It looks great. 👍🏻
By zendercosm_11
hungry carnivores wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:38 pm CCP is great. He worked with our museum, and I'm satisfied by his mature Tracyii and VFT's . Great plants overall.

I hate supply stores. They buy and then sell. Like a Home Depot or a Target. All they are are distrubutors.

I prefer supporting smaller stores like Jeremiah, FTS (haven't ordered but when I get VFT's you bet I will), Cooks, Curiousplant. etc.
I’m with you, about supporting the smaller businesses. I am always excited to see & possibly nab some of the plants that the other members put might put out in the future. I feel like that’s as close to ‘shopping local’ as one could get in a situation like this. I’d personally rather support the endeavors of those who acknowledge me like I’m human, and not egocentric business owners.
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!