FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By zendercosm_11
{bump}
Last edited by zendercosm_11 on Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By hungry carnivores
CCP is great. He worked with our museum, and I'm satisfied by his mature Tracyii and VFT's . Great plants overall.

I hate supply stores. They buy and then sell. Like a Home Depot or a Target. All they are are distrubutors.

I prefer supporting smaller stores like Jeremiah, FTS (haven't ordered but when I get VFT's you bet I will), Cooks, Curiousplant. etc.
zendercosm_11 liked this
By MikeB
I purchased all of the 'Fine Tooth x Red' flytrap cultivars for my new pot from Cook's CP, along with all of my 'Low Giant' and 'Vigorous' cultivars 10-12 years ago, plus half a dozen Sarracenia including a very nice S. purpurea 'Venosa Red'.
Venosa Red.jpg
Venosa Red.jpg (673.35 KiB) Viewed 8273 times
zendercosm_11 liked this
By zendercosm_11
MikeB wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:47 pm I purchased all of the 'Fine Tooth x Red' flytrap cultivars for my new pot from Cook's CP, along with all of my 'Low Giant' and 'Vigorous' cultivars 10-12 years ago, plus half a dozen Sarracenia including a very nice S. purpurea 'Venosa Red'.
Venosa Red.jpg
Aw, man a plant 10 years old is like a family member. Lol. It looks great. 👍🏻
By zendercosm_11
hungry carnivores wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:38 pm CCP is great. He worked with our museum, and I'm satisfied by his mature Tracyii and VFT's . Great plants overall.

I hate supply stores. They buy and then sell. Like a Home Depot or a Target. All they are are distrubutors.

I prefer supporting smaller stores like Jeremiah, FTS (haven't ordered but when I get VFT's you bet I will), Cooks, Curiousplant. etc.
I’m with you, about supporting the smaller businesses. I am always excited to see & possibly nab some of the plants that the other members put might put out in the future. I feel like that’s as close to ‘shopping local’ as one could get in a situation like this. I’d personally rather support the endeavors of those who acknowledge me like I’m human, and not egocentric business owners.
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!