FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By twitcher
I was able to harvest some Utricularia arenaria seed. Below is a picture of the seed. Notice the triangular shape. Since this is a 2 dimensional picture, I am not sure what the actual shape of the seed would be. Perhaps someone with more experience would answer.

Arenaria grows very slowly for me, but is also densely packed in growth habit for a Utric. It has a very pretty, distinctive flower, but too small for me to photograph.

Wish me luck with the germination trials. While all of this seed is promised, hopefully I will be able to send some to the seed bank in the near future.
Attachments:
Arenaria Seeds 1.jpg
Arenaria Seeds 1.jpg (62.85 KiB) Viewed 4046 times
Matt liked this
By ChefDean
Speaking from the seed bank management point of view, I say send them. At least a dozen seeds or so, to give others an opportunity to grow them.
I may test germinate a few seeds if enough are donated, after I research them to be confident in a good faith attempt. But to give others an opportunity would be pretty cool.
Just sayin'.
Watering my Venus Flytrap

You have to check your tap water’s tds. G[…]

The "Bisnick" mini bog Okay, I'll […]

i can order stuff online but ive already repotted […]

What's the plant name? It look like a mutant varie[…]

For you? It's any size pot you like. Just use […]

Input on Neps placement

That sounds perfect. I've got to adjust my plant[…]

This is a good read about light requirements of ca[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!