FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By ZackNJ
Hi everyone,

I would highly recommend if you get a Heli that seems to be soft to give it 100% humidity. I placed clear cups on top of each Heli and left them in the tank. An hour later all of them were standing up. I also dropped the temp by 5 degree or so. I believe that the Helis were growing in an extremely high humidity. I did e-mail BCP but he did not respond but I did some research and learned if your Heli is soft then it was def. grown in a high humid climate.
I am going to leave the cups on top of the helis for about 2-3 weeks. Then, I am going to gradually increase the temp and decrease the humidity.
I just wanted to share this with everyone so that your Helis will survive after you receive them in the mail. I am hoping that all my plants will survive now. I believe they will. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me. Thanks
Last edited by ZackNJ on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By ZackNJ
I forgot to mention that I did save all my domes(from when I bought my Sars from Lowes) and ironically i placed some of my helis in there. The "dome of death" does not apply to all CP's b/c my helis love the dome lol
By dionaea muscipula
i heard somewhere that heli's dont acclimate well to lower humidity and that they enjoy 100% humidity, i think because since they live in really high elevations then its much more humid. but i have no experience with helis so i don do much help...
lienminhOKVIP

OKVIP là một điểm đến hàng đầu cho n[…]

Does anyone have multiple H. sarracenioides clones[…]

Help! My VFT is dying

What about the good Looking ones. Will they go Dor[…]

Water Quality

I used to have a pool/spa at my house in CA. The m[…]

I'd def keep it. Sometimes plants (in general, not[…]

A 15-hour photoperiod is good, yes.

I too am wondering when to start the transition. I[…]

Watering my Venus Flytrap

OP lives in Poland.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!